04/24/2016 – Home of Tom Prentice and Carrie Berg
in attendance: Geno and Angela Yauchler, Roger and Sherry Olson, Dan Olson, Tom Prentice and Carrie Berg, Shauna Pasanen
Please note – all outstanding issues will be “IN BOLD” !!!!
- Dates for 2017 Chain of Records will be: April 19 through April 23, 2017
- Shauna will begin her web development and IT related items soon.
- Records to be set will be for the following disciplines:
- Barefooting (front and back)
- The following people have agreed to become “Captains” or “Co-Captains” for the above disciplines:
- Hydorfoil = Geno Y. and a TBN Co-Captain
- Ballet & Swivel = Shauna P. and Angela Y.
- Barefooting (Front and Back) = Dan O. will be a sub-captain. We are hoping to have Keith St. Onge be a Captain.
- Jump = Dan O. – Will need to find a Co-captain.
- Adaptive. (Hopefully Jeremy Armstrong???)
- Doubles = To Be Determined
- WakeBoard = To Be Determined
Captains will be responsible for the set-up, selection of skiers and on-going communication with said skiers, any and all administrative duties for each discipline.
- Geno will function as “CEO and CFO” this time around.
- Tom Prentice will function as “CMO” Chief Marketing Officer
- Sherry Olson will function as Secretary/Time Table Keeper
- A discussion was held around what should Gerry Luitings role be as he has expressed interest in helping. His role will be to represent NSSA and assist in any record keeping.
- Kanga Marketing has once again agreed to be videotographer
- Jason Hook (Captain Hook) Badgerland boat driver, Mad City’s boat driver Dan Jawzz, and Minieska’s boat driver John Schleicher should all be given first “dibs”/right of refusal for this event.
- Whose responsibility will be to contact Guinness? And therefore remain the liason?
- Meetings will be held monthly initially. Sherry will set a “call in” toll free number and will send invites to this committee. Next meeting is: 05/16/2016 at 7:00 pm EST
- A Project Plan with dates/roles/responsibilities will be developed by Sherry prior to the June 2016 teleconference call.
- 2 practices for each discipline need to be held, communicated to skiers and scheduled , this will be the responsibility of the Discipline Captains.
- Possible records to be broken:
- Most front step off
- Most deeps (front & Back)
- Back step off
- 2 Pass NSSA record (Guinness & NSSA)
- Largest Ballet line
- Most in a line
- 720 Line (all turns at same time)
- Number of successful toe turns
- Most overheads
- Build the largest jump (50 feet wide)
- Ride overs
- (The above on both 2 skis and single skis
- 10 skiers Up and riding
- NSSA pass (2 skills with 2 separate passes)